Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Funk Nation » Campus Life

Post subject: Rest In Peace Thee Ram Jam
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:46 pm 

It is with a devastated heart that I must announce the passing of one of Funk U's very own. Professor Theron Brison AKA Thee Ram Jam was suddenly and tragically taken from us today. Our world is worse off without his positive force, his compassion, and his musical brilliance.

I am so grateful for the time he shared with all of us - he cared very deeply about Funk U, its students and staff. It is hard to understand how someone who has so much Funk to give was taken from us so soon, but I asked myself how I can honor and celebrate the memory of my good friend and I imagine hearing Theron's voice - "Play your bass and bring that Funk!!" So that is what I will do. I ask all of you to keep the Brison family in your thoughts and prayers, and honor his memory by going to Profiled Player and watch the amazing Thee Ram Jam bring that Rama-Jamian Funk once again.

You were one of a kind my brother and always on the One!!! You will be sorely missed.

scd@thefunkuniversity.com

Post subject: Re: Rest In Peace Thee Ram Jam
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:57 am 

Ditto.

Can't believe he's gone.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:14 pm 

This is a terrible tragedy - my condolences to his family and all that knew him. He was truly inspiring.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:12 pm 

rest in peace Theron Brison, your videos always teach us about the groove

Post Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:56 am 

I luckily had the chance to meet Thee Ram in and OUT of character and both were extremely refreshing.

I had met a charming and funny guy named "Theron," the first time I had visited the F.U. headquarters for "A night with Bootsy Collins." And talked with Theron for awhile with another musician that was the lead singer to Soup Can's band if I remember correctly. The singer, who's name is at a loss at the moment (sorry!!!!), asked Theron during our conversation "Oh, are you a bass player also?" Theron smiled and said something like "Yeah I dabble." The next thing I know "Theron" is no where to be seen and the next next thing I know I'm being interviewed and filmed by Soup Can himself. This goes on for ten-fifteen minutes and just as I'm answering one of the last questions Thee Ram Jam in his FULL Rama Jam outfit surprises me while still on camera. I gave him a huge hug and probably a smile a mile long. It was a great moment surrounded by these people I really respected and it only got better and better through out that night. But it was only a little while later that I realized "Theron" was carrying some shoes with a really thick heel and a jacket that looked awfully close to Ram Jam's when I first saw him. HMMMMMMM?! haha. I also got to help him load his equipment to the show and carried his amp on stage. I'll never forget it cause he never spoke as Thee Ram, only pointed and nodded haha! Something I can really appreciate.

The second time was at Bootsy's first show to kick off the new tour! Damn what a Funkeh ass day and night that was! Had met up with Soup Can, Corey, and some of the other F.U. crew before the show. I recognized Theron and he to me, but I knew his secret HA! For an hour or so we got to just hang out with nothing to do later but see BOOTSY COLLINS perform so everyone was in good spirits! Even shared a beer or two and talked about all sorts of things. One I remember in particular was Theron talking about his experiences with people telling him how they had met Prince and his strange reactions meeting every day people. He did the Prince impersonations and they had to be dead on. Had me and everyone else almost falling out of our chairs. I could tell just from these meetings that Theron was a great guy and even talked music with him at the bar a moment while waiting for Bootsy to play. At one point a funkeh jam came on in the place and he said damn and started dancing and said "what you know about this jam?!" I did a little dance with a spin and pose to end it and said "what'cha think I know bout this?!" He went "AHHHHHHHH!" and started cracking up.

I'll never forget these little moment and the great times I had those nights, especially with Theron aka Thee Ram. Just makes me appreciate the F.U. all that much more for giving me such an opportunity! I MEAN I GOT TO PLAY ON STAGE WITH BOOTSY AND THEE RAM JAM! And that video was a link to top news of Thee Rams death! It had me in tears and is starting to get me going now. I only met him twice in person but could tell he was nothing but a truly great, creative, and amazing human being. He will be missed. Thanks for everything THEE RAM JAM!

MOFUNKEH

Post Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:23 pm 

Thank you "thee Ram Jam" for visiting this planet !

http://youtu.be/PNWV_MWppZM

--------
in houring , could one make a tab of above video please

Board index » Funk Nation » Campus Life