Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Funk Nation » In The University

Post subject: WARWICK SONG COMPETITION VIDEOS ARE UP IN THE AUDITORIUM
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:23 pm 

All Funk Disciples, go to the Auditorium and vote for all of the Warwick Songwriting contest entries. Leave your vote as a Comment with a score of 1 thru 5 - 5 being best. Voting will end on November 20th, 2011.

scd@thefunkuniversity.com

Post subject: Re: WARWICK SONG COMPETITION VIDEOS ARE UP IN THE AUDITORIUM
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:23 am 

Ok, I am done voting all I can say is I am funked up.......It was fun doing my entry but more fun listening to everybody else's and hearing all the great ideas and compositions....I am glad I don't have to make the decision as to who wins........***** five stars....... :)

Post Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:30 am 

These are very cool to hear... I feel remiss that I didn't do a video but the song-writing was the focus. I'm surprised there is not more voting happening though. Soup Can... wouldn't it be cool to send out a blanket email communication to all FU members with a link directly to the tunes in competition and encourage all FU members to go in, listen, and vote? I had to go and dig to find the submissions. It seems the set-up could be better. I received an email a while back notifying about the competition but there was very little structure and guidance. As I recall, it didn't even specify the submission date deadline so I had to inquire directly. Then when the day came to start voting... nothing. No email that said go here and go vote... or anything of that sort. So, because I happened to be tuned in to the competition, I began my search to find out what the heck was going on. I eventually found it but had to go into almost every street and avenue within FU until I found what I was looking for. I think that limits (puts off) potential voters. It has to be obvious and easy or very few will come. That is... it has to be marketed better and more extensively... FU marketing and T shirts etc. get a lot of marketing attention. OK, I said my peace. Just intending constructive feedback... not intending to be harsh. That all said... please everyone get over to the Cafeteria "Warwick Song Competition" area (in the Auditorium) and place your votes. It would be great to have more than only 10-20 people voting. Best, Rick

Post Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:46 am 

Yes Rick: for all up to date news and goodies-> http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/203659943026480
Join group Funk U Students and Faculty, this should be more advertised.
And I totally agree that it would be cooler to have as many people as possible to vote...
I mean all competitors are fair to each other and take time to listen what others did, but submitters are almost the only people voting, it would be cooler to have a broader audience, especially non musicians since music is about communicating and also business!
I think that the idea for the warwick scholarship (ie. contestants thrown vegas in the frontpage of bootsy's facebook page and confronted to funkateers votings with the like+comments counter) applied to a funk u. comp with such a big prize as a Bootsy signed bass would be real awesome and get the broader audience I'm talking about. I mean we do music for people, why keep it private in the member area? Obviously you must be a member to submit, but not necessarily to listen and judge!
3 days remaining for those who haven't had time yet, please take some time to visit the auditorium and vote for the 20 funky contestants!

Post Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:38 pm 

RickAlton wrote:
Soup Can... wouldn't it be cool to send out a blanket email communication to all FU members with a link directly to the tunes in competition and encourage all FU members to go in, listen, and vote?

I was thinking the same thing.

@ Garadur agreed.....

************Little Star***********
http://myfunk.ning.com/profile/Mr7

Post Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:53 pm 

>>>
Yes Rick: for all up to date news and goodies-> http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/203659943026480
Join group Funk U Students and Faculty, this should be more advertised.
>>>

I'm not sure who the admin is (anyone know?) but I sent a request 3 days ago to the facebook group at the URL above that Garadur called out and I am still waiting to become a member.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:00 pm 

>>>
RickAlton wrote:
Soup Can... wouldn't it be cool to send out a blanket email communication to all FU members with a link directly to the tunes in competition and encourage all FU members to go in, listen, and vote?
>>>

Soup Can are you there? Are you listening? What do you think about some more communication push to get FU members pointed the competition voting. It appears there are thousands of members but only a few are voting. I suspect it's because most members don't know about it or where to go to vote. If we're going to have a competition I vote that there be an infrastructure to drive and support it.

I'll also take this opportunity to voice my opinion to Garadur's suggestion that the voting be opened to the public (i.e., not just FU members). I'm totally against that because that turns it into a popularity contest. And we will see the typical facebook postings that go something like this... "Please vote for me (or my friend, sister, whatever) because if I get the most votes, they will win some groovy stuff."

Post Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:11 pm 

While Funk U has gotten much bigger as far as membership, there is still a small core of members/students that go all out in every activity. I was impressed that there seemed to be more entries for this competition.

Board index » Funk Nation » In The University