Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Funk Nation » In The University

Post subject: Rest In Peace Thee Ram Jam
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:45 pm 

It is with a devastated heart that I must announce the passing of one of Funk U's very own. Professor Theron Brison AKA Thee Ram Jam was suddenly and tragically taken from us today. Our world is worse off without his positive force, his compassion, and his musical brilliance.

I am so grateful for the time he shared with all of us - he cared very deeply about Funk U, its students and staff. It is hard to understand how someone who has so much Funk to give was taken from us so soon, but I asked myself how I can honor and celebrate the memory of my good friend and I imagine hearing Theron's voice - "Play your bass and bring that Funk!!" So that is what I will do. I ask all of you to keep the Brison family in your thoughts and prayers, and honor his memory by going to Profiled Player and watch the amazing Thee Ram Jam bring that Rama-Jamian Funk once again.

You were one of a kind my brother and always on the One!!! You will be sorely missed

scd@thefunkuniversity.com

Post subject: Re: Rest In Peace Thee Ram Jam
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:42 pm 

Hey SCD (and FU staff, etc), i was finally able to get some details on how he died. here is what i found:

MURRIETA - With the prosecutor needing more time to prepare, a preliminary hearing was postponed today for two men accused of killing a San Jacinto drug counselor to steal his pickup truck, guitar and credit cards.

Corey Lamont Macedon, 34, and Davel D. Walker, 33, are charged with first-degree murder and special circumstance allegations of killing during a felony and during a robbery in the Oct. 14, 2011, death of 48-year-old Theron Brison.

According to sheriff's investigators, Macedon and the victim worked together at the MFI Recovery Center, a substance abuse counseling facility off of Santa Fe Street and Esplanade Avenue.

On the day of the fatal attack, Macedon talked Brison into leaving with him and then the defendant and Walker ambushed the unsuspecting man, investigators allege.

The cause of death has not been disclosed.

The defendants allegedly stole the victim's truck, wallet and bass guitar, according to court papers. Several computers were also taken from the drug clinic.

The vehicle was later found abandoned, and Macedon was recorded on a Big 5 Sporting Goods surveillance camera allegedly using Brison's credit card, according to investigators.

The Moreno Valley man was well-known regionally for playing with the funk band "Thee Ram Jam."

************Little Star***********
http://myfunk.ning.com/profile/Mr7

Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:58 pm 

Thanks for sharing LittleStar. Such a sad story.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:45 pm 

Gutted all over again...

Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:33 pm 

Really makes one stop and take a few minutes to simply breathe and be thankful for every amazing second we are alive is a magical moment filled with sensations, emotions and the experience of the universe all wrapped up in a single thought of, 'I am'.

Thank you Littlestar for sharing this information....

Much love prof. Thee ... ... your existence, lessons and being have been a constant source of inspiration for me and, i am sure, countless others the world over. .. ... Nameste.

g0 2 V3g@$

http://www.youtube.com/zebragreen3

http://soundcloud.com/zebragreen3

http://www.facebook.com/zebragreen3

Post Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:13 pm 

Yeah thanks LittleStar, Thee Ram is in many of our heads and hearts. RIP/RIF

Board index » Funk Nation » In The University